Posts Tagged ‘NCSH’
Tuesday, September 27th, 2011
Fall 2012 – New clothes? check. New school supplies? check. What about a whole new school? Take out your pencils, because we’re going to need a BIG check!
The Neighborhood Charter School of Harlem (NCSH) will have its GRAND OPENING next year, welcoming many children ready to embark on their educational journey. Even more exciting, it will have an inclusion program for children with high-funtioning autism and Asperger Syndrome — what we’ve all been waiting for! This will be the first charter school of its kind in all of New York City, and it definitely won’t be the last.
- Provide a rigorous academic curriculum.
- Employ the best practices of the highest performing charter schools.
- Emphasize social and emotional learning for all students and provide a rich arts program.
- Fully include students with Asperger Syndrome in the same curriculum as their classmates.
- Give teachers specialized training in strategies and supports designed for children with autism spectrum disorders.
- Help students in the inclusion program with social understanding, self-regulation, and communication.
Student recruitment materials and applications for students with ASD are available this November.
Also, NCSH is seeking a dynamic Head of School. A job description is available on their website under Careers.